Sunday, March 29, 2009

"Ha! Har yall dune?"

This post comes to you from a hotel room in Manchester, Tennessee. It's about an hour south of Nashville. I have a job here that started on Thursday. I was supposed to finish on Saturday and go home but I had some parts problems that can't be resolved until I get a FedEx delivery tomorrow. So I got to spend the weekend here.
It hasn't been too bad, except for the tornado. One touched down north of here and took out some houses, but all we got was horrific rain and wind. I was working in the hangar. The chief pilot came over from their little house next door and allowed as how they were evacuating the base, and suggested I do the same. I concurred. I got in my car and drove to Wal-Mart, which is one of the preferred places of refuge. By the time I got there the worst was over, so I went and had dinner instead.
We are enjoying reading the blogs some of you are posting. As for the rest of y'all, get on the blog wagon! We can't always get a hold of you on the phone to catch up on what you are doing, and besides, this is free. Our computer is standing by.

0 comments: